Overview of the Self Service Portal
Users access the Self Service Portal through any standard internet browser. When an end user opens the Self Service Portal and initiates a chat session, the user is connected to a support agent in Smart IT.
The Self Service Portal provides the following options:
- Alerts displays active service alerts. Clicking the alert displays the alert description and history.
- Open Items > My Open Chats displays all previous chat sessions. Clicking a chat session reactivates the session and displays the associated chat log.
- Open Items > My Open Incidents displays all the incidents or work orders that are opened for the user in Smart IT. Clicking an incident shows the details of that incident, such as status, modified date, and agent assigned.
The Select a topic menu provides a list of subjects that a question may relate to. Selecting a topic routes the user to a chat sessions with the subject matter expert for that topic.
The administrator configures the tabs on the self Service Portal and defines whether to display service alerts, live chat sessions, open incidents, and frequently asked questions in the eschat_config.properties file. For more information about configuring features of Live Chat, see Administering.
- Logout exits the Self Service Portal.
- The Start typing your question text box provides an area for the self-service user to type a question to ask the support agent.
- Show Chat Log, if selected, displays a log of the entire chat. By default, this check box is not selected.
- Live Chat Hours displays the hours that live agent support is available.
- Settings changes the language preferences in the Self Service Portal.
The following image shows a typical Self Service Portal: