Changing the initial customer greeting
As an administrator, you can change the standard customer greeting, as part of customizing the Self Service Portal. The customer greeting can be in any of the supported languages and locales.
To change the initial customer greeting
- Log in to the Virtual Chat Administration Console.
- Go to Self Service Portal > Configuration.
- To see the list of locales, from XML Section list, click Interfaces.
- Select the Interfaces-locale for which you want to change the initial customer greeting, and click Modify.
For example Interfaces-English.
Change the following values in Configuration.
"msg_greeting": "I’m %BOT%, I’ve been designed to make your time on our site as fast and efficient as possible. ", "msg_greetingNoTopics": "Just type in a question, keyword or phrase below and I’ll take you to the information you’re looking for.", "msg_greetingNoVA": "Welcome to Support Chat. Please enter a question and a chat technician will soon be with you.", "msg_greetingTopics": "Select a topic, then just type in a question, keyword or phrase below and I’ll take you to the information you`re looking for.",
Tag name Description
First greeting when a self-service user logs in the Self Service Portal.
First greeting when topics are not configured in Live Chat. For more information about configuring topics, see Setting up support queues.
First greeting when Live Chat is configured to launch directly with a live agent.
First greeting when topics are configured in Live Chat. For more information about configuring topics, see Setting up support queues.
- Click Save.
- On Virtual Chat Administration Console, click Refresh Servlets.