No results when searching. FTS or RKM?
The first step in troubleshooting search issues is to identify if it is an issue with Full Text Search or something in Remedy Knowledge Management.
The easiest way to do this is to see if there are articles in the Form "AR System Multi-Search". If you are in an "AR Server Group", you will need to do this on each server.
Important notes to remember:
- If articles are returned in this form, then FTS is working. This tells us that there is an issue with Remedy Knowledge Management.
- If you do not see articles, this means FTS is not indexing and you should trouble shoot Full Text Search. See the document "Troubleshooting Full Text Search"
Lets start by looking at examples.
- Log in to BMC Remedy AR System as an AR System Admin or Knowledge Admin.
In the IT Home page, enter the form name after the server name in the URL: http://<hostName>/arsys/forms/<serverName>/MFS:MultiFormSearch and press ENTER. The BMC Remedy AR Multi-Form Search is displayed.
HostName is the name of the web server, and ServerName is the name of the AR System server.
Add the following five forms to the Form List.
- On the Search Terms tab, add a % in the field Search Term: Must Have and click the Search button.
- You should see a result that looks similar to the below image.
- I can see articles listed in this form. I can now say that FTS is working. If you do not see any results, this means that FTS is probably not indexing and needs to be looked at. See the document "Troubleshooting Full Text Search".
Part 2: I see articles listed, but I still do not have any search results
At this time it would be highly recommended to contact BMC Support for Remedy Knowledge Management to assist in troubleshooting the problem. You can get more information in the "Remedy Knowledge Management Support" Section.