This space contains information about the BMC Knowledge Management 9.0.00 release, which is part of the BMC Remedy IT Service Management (BMC Remedy ITSM) Suite 9.0 release.
Announcement, August 27, 2015
Smart IT version 1.2 released
BMC Remedy with Smart IT version 1.2 is released.
For more information about Smart IT see, .
Announcement, June 19, 2015
BMC Knowledge Management 9.0 is released.
For a summary of all announcements, see .
For complete information about what's new or changed, see Version 9.0.00 enhancements.
Where to start
About BMC Knowledge Management
BMC Knowledge Management is a framework for creating, publishing, reviewing, and searching IT knowledge articles. It provides service desk analysts with a knowledge base of easy-to-find solutions and give users self-service search options to help them resolve issues on their own.
The Consortium for Service Innovation, which created and maintains Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS), shares recommendations for capturing, structuring, evolving, and reusing knowledge. BMC Knowledge Management leverages these recommended practices to improve service levels by helping organizations to maintain what their employees, partners, and customers know and reuse this knowledge to gain value.
Knowledge, typically comprising different types and formats, is stored as separate knowledge articles contained in a knowledge-based repository. Storing knowledge articles in a repository allows control and life cycle management. Organizations that are starting to build their own proprietary content, require examples of content, or want to expand the organizational knowledge base can import prepackaged knowledge for immediate use.
The authoring process enables authorized users to use rich HTML authoring and extensive editing tools to create and maintain interactive, template-based knowledge articles and manage the knowledge article life cycle within a defined sequence of stages.
Powerful index and search capabilities across multiple sources, including incidents, problems, and known errors, enable users to search the repository and locate the requested knowledge. The robust search engine enables users to search for solutions using natural language or Boolean searches.
BMC Knowledge Management shares a common foundation with BMC Remedy IT Service Management (BMC Remedy ITSM) and BMC Service Request Management — all applications are built on BMC Remedy Action Request System. BMC Knowledge Management leverages foundational elements, such as notification and email, of the integration platform to simplify and reduce management costs.
BMC Knowledge Management provides the following functionality:
- Helps IT and customer service personnel and other service providers to guarantee a quick and accurate response when solving problems
- Enables organizations to provide users with the option to perform an ad hoc search for knowledge by themselves
- Provides a means to create knowledge goals and monitor articles through reports
- BMC IT Service Management Suite online technical documentation
- BMC Change Management online technical documentation
- BMC Asset Management online technical documentation
- BMC Service Desk online technical documentation
- BMC Service Level Management online technical documentation
- BMC Service Request Management online technical documentation
- Knowledge Management on BMC Communities