This section contains information about using the BMC Knowledge Management product.
This section includes scenarios that are examples of processes or approaches that BMC has identified as the most effective way to use certain features.
A fictional company named Calbro Services helps explain how BMC Knowledge Management principles and procedures are used in practice. Although Calbro Services is a fictional company, it is based on research of actual BMC customers. These examples contain common use cases that you might typically use.
Learning how Calbro Services uses knowledge management functionality should prove useful as you use BMC Knowledge Management in your own environment. Although Calbro Services user personas illustrate the use cases, no references are intended toward specific data or real-life users.
For detailed information about Calbro Services user data and roles, see Calbro Services company example.
The following sub-sections are provided:
- Accessing and navigating the interface
- Using the Knowledge Management Console
- Creating and publishing knowledge articles
- Revising knowledge articles
- Submitting a cancellation request
- Working with reports
- Managing broadcasts
- Searching for knowledge articles
- Using watch lists
- Managing update requests
- Sending a knowledge article by e-mail
- Submitting and viewing feedback
- Tagging a knowledge article as a favorite
- Using Global Search
- Working with the KCS template