Quick start process overview
To perform the basic level of application configuration, perform the tasks listed in the following table. To perform the tasks, you should have a basic understanding of performing common configuration tasks using the Application Administration Console (for example, you know how to log into the IT Home Page, define users in the People form, and so on).
Quick Start Actions
|Action||Where to begin||For more information|
|1. Set up your company or organization|
Perform standard configuration of your company or organization (such as People, Company, Location, and Site information).
If you have already have performed this step in BMC Remedy IT Service Management, you can ignore this step, except for creating assignment routing for the application. See Configuring assignments (optional).
|From the Application Administration Console, click the Standard Configuration tab.|
|2. Define users|
|Define the application administrator.||From the Application Administration Console, click the Standard Configuration tab. Then, select the Create link for People.||Defining the application administrator|
|Define the support staff with appropriate privileges.||From the Application Administration Console, click the Standard Configuration tab. Then, select the Create link for People.|
After the setup is finished, the application administer can perform the following tasks:
- Convert articles from previous version — For more information, see Converting XML-based articles from the 7.2 and 7.5 release.
- Manage knowledge sources — For more information, see About managing knowledge sources.
- Work with reports — For more information, see Working with reports.
- Work with the application — For more information, see the BMC Remedy Knowledge Management user documentation.
After the application administrator defines the configuration administrator, the following configuration tasks can be preformed by the configuration administrator:
- Convert approvals — For more information, see Converting articles for default or modified templates.
- Convert general application settings — For more information, see Configuring application settings.
- Convert status transitions — For more information, see Configuring application settings.