Modifying the default names for optional review statuses
BMC Knowledge Management comes with default names for optional review statuses. The default names are:
- Optional Review 1 — Content Review
- Optional Review 2 – Proofreading
You can change the default review status names by using BMC Knowledge Management configuration and form customization.
To modify the default names for optional review statuses, you must perform the following procedures:
Modify default review status names in configuration
You must have Knowledge Config permissions to perform this procedure.
- In the Application Administration Console, choose Custom Configuration > Knowledge Management > Knowledge Management Status Configuration > Status Localization.
- Perform a search to get all the records.
- Select the record you want according to Article Status and Language.
- Modify the text in the Article Status String field and click Save.
The Article Status String field displays the translated value of the status mentioned in the Article Status field according to the language selected from the Language Field. For example, if the value in the Article Status field is set to In Progress and the Language field is set to es, the Article Status String displays the value as En curso.
Modify default review status names in form customization
- This change is performed in BMC Remedy Developer Studio and affects the BMC Knowledge Management Flashboards and the Article Revisions table only.
- You must be a BMC Remedy AR System Administrator to perform this procedure. If you do not perform this step, the values for review statuses in the Flashboards and the Article Revisions table remain as default.
- Open BMC Remedy Developer Studio.
- Open the RKM:KnowledgeArticleManager form.
- Select the language you want to display.
For example, Display View for English; Display View-fr for French; Display View-ja for Japanese.
- Open the Selections attribute of the StatusSelectionField (302312185) field and change the Alias value for Optional Review 1 or Optional Review 2 to the name you want.
- Save the form and flush the BMC Remedy Mid Tier cache.
- To refresh the browser cache, display an article and click Refresh (Internet Explorer) or Reload (Mozilla Firefox).