You can insert an image into your knowledge article as a link or as an embedded image.
To insert an image
- Click inside a rich text field.
- In the editing toolbar, perform one of the following tasks:
- To insert your image as a link, select the knowledge article text to become the hyperlink.
- To embed the image directly into the knowledge article, move your cursor to the start of a new line where you want to insert the image.
- Click the Insert Image icon.
- In the Insert Image panel, locate the image to attach and click OK.
- For embedded images, browse to the image location and select the file from the file list.
For linked images, type the URL to the image file.
The following table lists the number of images that you can insert for various rich text fields in knowledge articles.
Number of images
How To template
Problem Solution template
Known Error template
Decision Tree template
BMC Knowledge Management uploads the file and displays the hyperlink in the text field.
If you did not select text for the hyperlink, the image is embedded directly into the knowledge article.
Links to attachments and images are not active in the document editor. You must view the knowledge article in the Document Viewer to use the hyperlink.
You can delete an image while editing a knowledge article by selecting the image with a click, and pressing Del. For decision tree articles, select an image by holding the mouse button and dragging the cursor over the image. You can use this method to select multiple images in any knowledge article.