Adding status transitions
The Status Transition page enables you to add status transitions to the default ones, thus customizing the status transition workflow for your organization. For each added status, you can optionally:
- Define operational and product categorization information.
- Define Knowledge Admin-only accessibility, meaning that the status is visible to Knowledge Admin users only.
- Enable the status or select an option that describes the status (for your private use).
- Protect the status from deletion.
For more information, see Status groups and types.
To configure application settings
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Knowledge Management > Knowledge Management Status Configuration > Status Transition, and click Open.
- Click New Request to create a new transition or Search to modify an existing transition.
Enter the status transition information in the From Status and To Status fields.
Note that, when you change the status of an article from In Progress to Cancelled, the article is deleted. This feature helps to delete an article that is created mistakenly and not needed anymore.
- Enter the Company for which the status is defined.
- Enter operational and product information, as required.
- Select the Knowledge Admin Role Required to enable accessibility only to users with this role.
- Select a status description for your private use, or Enable to enable the status.
Select Out Of The Box to denote that a status is a default status.
This option enables you to differentiate between the default statuses and new ones you have created.
- Select Protected to prevent deletion of the status.
- Click Save.