Configuring feedback strings
Users submit feedback on an article to indicate the level of the content and its usefulness to them. The more feedback that is available for an article, the easier it is for users to make that decision. Feedback can be submitted and viewed by all users that have permission to see that article.
Feedback is rated by number and description. The following feedback ratings are available:
- 1 — Not Usable
- 2 — Poor: Inaccurate
- 3 — Fair: Insufficient
- 4 — Good: Usable but needs improvement
- 5 — Excellent: Effective and accurate
The Feedback Configuration page enables you to define localized strings per rating number for languages in addition to the localizations that are supported by BMC Knowledge Management user interface.
To configure feedback strings
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Knowledge Management > Knowledge Management Configuration > Feedback String Configuration, and click Open.
- Click Search, with or without entering search criteria, to open Modify mode.
The rating table displays strings that match your search criteria.
- In the Company field, enter the company for which the localized rating description is applicable.
- In the Locale field, enter the locale for the rating your want to localize.
- In the Rating field, enter the rating number.
- In the Rating Description field, enter the localized string and click Save.