Viewing registration and indexing statuses
The Status column displays the registration or indexing status, and the Modified Date column displays the date and time that the status was previously modified.
To view the current status, you must click the Refresh icon. Statuses display in the following sequence:
- In Progress — Source is being registered or re-registered. This step is skipped when you rebuild an existing index.
- Indexing — Source is being indexed.
- Updating — Source is being updated.
- Any of the following final statuses, as appropriate:
- Ready — Source is ready for use and the knowledge can be used, for example, managed, created, searched on, and to which update requests can be added.
- Failed — Registration failed. For more information, see Modifying knowledge sources.
- Sync — For external files. Registration is synchronizing between external files and the system.
- Sync Failed — Synchronization failed between File System Path source and BMC Knowledge Management. For more information, see Configuring indexing intervals
- Update Failed — Source update failed.