Registering new knowledge sources
Perform the following procedure to add and register a knowledge source.
- The source type that you select during registration cannot be modified.
- You can register sources only from the Administration Server, if you have installed BMC Remedy IT Service Management for a server group.
To register a new knowledge source
- In the IT Home page, click Knowledge Management > Knowledge Management Console.
- Under Functions, click Manage Knowledge Sources.
- Click Add.
- On the Welcome page select the knowledge source type for registration.
- Click Next.
- In each page, enter the appropriate information as shown in Using Registration Wizard parameters, and click Next.
- In the Completion screen, click Finish.
For additional information, you can view the BMC Communities blog, Registering External Sources into Knowledge Management.