BMC Knowledge Management predefined reports
Predefined Web reports enable you to create formatted reports. You can manage the scope of a predefined report using qualifications. You can also generate reports with your own qualifications, advanced qualifications, and saved qualifications.
Results are returned in the form of a list or both list and chart. Reports can contain links that allow you to drill down from the report to view the data upon which the report is based, or to open the article. For more information, see .
You can save reports in several standard formats, including Adobe PDF and Postscript, and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint formats.
The following table lists the predefined reports that are installed with BMC Knowledge Management, and the recommended practices for using them.
Shows a list of article status changes and assignment events.
Use this report to track volume of work per Assignee, and an article's life cycle.
Chart and list
Shows articles sorted by average feedback rating and Assignee.
Use this report to determine the quality of article content per article, and to measure the overall quality of the knowledge.
Chart and list
Shows articles sorted by Status, Support Groups, and Assignee.
Use this report to compare the number of articles assigned per Support Groups number of articles per status, and the Assignee of each article. This report also enables you to gauge assignee workloads, and indicates whether you need to reassign tasks to other assignees.
Articles up for Review
Shows articles that are due for review in the next x days.
Use this report to track articles that need to be reviewed by a specific date.
No Search Results
Shows details of searches that return no results.
When a guest user performs a search with results, the Searched By column is blank.
Use this report to identify knowledge gaps regarding missing content.
Shows articles sorted by number of times Used/Viewed.
Use this report to track the usefulness of articles in solving issues, and the number of times it was opened for viewing. You can:
Articles with Update Requests
Chart and list
Articles sorted by number of update requests
Use this report to track the number of times and dates on which updates were requested for an article. Use to also measure the overall quality of the knowledge.
Use the following procedure to generate a report for BMC Knowledge Management in the Reporting Console.
If you have formatting problems in viewing reports from a browser, verify that report configuration settings are defined in the AR System User Preference form, as described in the BMC Remedy Action Request System Configuration Guide .
To generate a report
- Open BMC Knowledge Management and access the Reporting Console using one of the following options:
- In the Knowledge Management Console, click Functions > Reports.
- Open an article and click Consoles > Reports.
- Verify that the All Reports parameter is selected in the Show field.
- Select a report for generation using one of the following option:
- In the Category field, choose, Knowledge Management, one of the following options, and the name of the report:
- All Knowledge-- Article History, Articles Assignments, Articles with Update Requests, or No Search Results
- Open Knowledge-- Article Usage, Articles up for Review, or Feedback
- From the Reporting Console , select a report name whose form name begins with the RKM: prefix.
- (optional)By default, when you run a report, a built-in query is used to select the records included in the report. To change the report results, follow these steps:
- To override the built-in query to widen or change the report results, select Override.
- To add a qualification that narrows the report results, click Show Additional Filter.
Along with a list of available fields, two sections are displayed— the simple query builder and the advanced query builder. You use the simple query builder to quickly construct a simple query. Alternatively, advanced users can use the advanced query builder to build the query by using BMC Remedy AR System query syntax. For additional information about the BMC Remedy AR System Report Console, see
- Click Run.
Enter any requested parameters, and click OK.
BMC Knowledge Management reports are the only reports that filter results using the Company parameter. However, this parameter is not displayed in the generated report.