Viewing installation and uninstallation logs
The BMC Remedy ITSM Maintenance tool provides access to installation and uninstallation logs. Each time that you run the installer or uninstaller, it creates a log file that you can view from a log viewer, which you launch from the BMC Remedy ITSM Maintenance tool.
The log viewer is the graphical presentation of the log files. Each installer log session is displayed as a tab. The tab's name includes a time stamp of the installer run. The tab displays the contents of the log file, with errors highlighted in red and warnings highlighted in yellow. Entries are presented in a table format that you can sort.
To view the logs, open the BMC Remedy ITSM Maintenance tool and then use the log viewer, as described in the following topics:
Opening the BMC Remedy Maintenance tool
To open the BMC Remedy ITSM Maintenance tool in a graphical user interface
- (Windows) Go to the <installationDirectory>\BMCRemedyITSMSuite\Utilities folder, and run the BMCRemedyITSMSuiteMaintenanceTool.cmd file.
- (UNIX) Go to the <installationDirectory>/BMCRemedyITSMSuite/Utilities directory and run the ./BMCRemedyITSMSuiteMaintenanceTool.sh file.
- (Product installation DVD) Run the tool from the utility directory.
To open the BMC Remedy ITSM Maintenance tool from the command line
- (Windows) From the <installationDirectory>\BMCRemedyITSMSuite\Utilities folder, run
- (UNIX) From the <installationDirectory>/BMCRemedyITSMSuite/Utilities directory, run
To learn about command-line options
To learn about available command-line options, use the
-? option when you run the command.
To use the log viewer
- In the BMC Remedy ITSM Maintenance tool, click the Logs tab.
- Click Install Log.
- In the log viewer, click the tab for the log that you want to view.
- Search for rows highlighted in red (errors) or yellow (warnings).
To sort a column, click the column header. To reverse sort a column, press the Shift key while clicking the column header.