Using a storyboard
Once you create a storyboard, you can use it for presentation and perform different actions on it. This topic provides the following information:
Using the social collaboration options
Use various social collaboration options available while editing or viewing a storyboard. The following social collaboration options are available from the right menu bar:
Comment and Comment Threads—Add comments to a slide, view previous comments, respond to comments and so on. The Storyboard comment options work similarly to the comments on Reports. See Comments for more information.
- Comments Subscribe—Subscribe to a comment feed. When you subscribe to comments, you get a email notification when other users add comments to slides. The email is sent to the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting inbox.
- Slide Note—Add private notes on selected slides during a presentation. When you add a note, a flag appears on the slide. Click the flag to view the note or delete it.
Sharing a storyboard with other users
Distribute or email a storyboard with other users who have access to the storyboard. The Share option from the bottom menu bar is available when you view a storyboard.
The recipients receive a notification in their BMC Remedy Smart Reporting Inbox, from where they can access the storyboard. The storyboard also appears on the timelines of recipients. To distribute a storyboard, add recipients, and optionally enter a message. You can add the storyboard URL in the message, which provides the users a direct method to access the storyboard.
To distribute a storyboard:
- Click Share form the bottom menu bar, and then select Distribute option.
- Add the recipients and a message, and then click Ok.
Share a storyboard with other users in an email. You can email a storyboard in the PDF format, or send an URL.
To email a storyboard:
- Click Share form the bottom menu bar, and then select Email option.
- Add recipients and select a format.
- (Optional) Change the storyboard name and enter a message.
- Click Ok.
Exporting a storyboard
Export a storyboard to PDF format while creating or viewing it. You can also choose to include the comments on the slides in the PDF export.
To export a storyboard while creating or viewing it, click Export from the bottom menu bar.
Making a storyboard favorite
Add the storyboard to your Favorites list on the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting home page. The favorite option is available when you create or view a storyboard.
To mark a storyboard as favorite, click the star next to the storyboard name on the bottom menu bar. To remove a storyboard from the Favorites list, click the star once again.
Adding report filters
Apply user prompt filters available on a report added to a current slide while creating or viewing a storyboard.
To add report filters, select the Filters option from the left menu bar. For more information, see Report filters.
Viewing version history
View the version history of a storyboard, along with creation date and the number of comments for each version. The Version History option is available only when you view a storyboard.
To view the previous versions, select the Version History option from the left menu bar, and click the version you want to view.
Deleting a storyboard
Delete a storyboard in the following ways:
- While editing—Select Storyboard > Delete from the top menu bar.
- While viewing—Select Edit > Delete from the bottom menu bar.
Once deleted, a storyboard is not accessible to other users with whom it was shared.