Troubleshooting validation and promotion process errors
To troubleshoot possible errors in the validation and promotion process, you can perform tasks described in the following sections:
Monitoring the thread manager for a validation or promotion process that has stopped responding
When you start a validation or promotion process, records are added to the DMT:ThreadManager form. At the end of the process, the records are deleted.
You can search for the records in the DMT:ThreadManager form. If the records are not being added, modified, or removed, the process has stopped. Follow the steps given below in the Recovering from a halted validation or promotion section.
Recovering from a validation or promotion process that has stopped responding
If either the validation or promotion is stopped before the operation is complete, an administrator must:
- Reset the maximum number of filters for an operation to the original value.
- If you encounter the following error, check the Short Description field in the forms that have the error flag set:
An error was encountered during data promotion. The Short Description field of this record has been updated with the error details.
- Check for other errors as described in the Checking for errors in validation and promotion topic.
To reset the maximum number of filters for an operation to the original value
Open the AR System Administration Console.
Select System > General > Server Information.
In the Server Information window, click the Advanced tab.
Change the value in the Maximum Filters for an Operation field to the original value, and then click OK.
The BMC Remedy AR System is installed with this value set to 200000.
Checking for errors in the validation and promotion process
Check for validation and promotion process errors in the following files:
- Error Management console—Errors found on the staging forms are flagged. For details about fixing errors, see Managing data errors.
- ARerror.log—This log file lists errors that occur during the validation and promotion process.
- CAI Events form—Search for records with the Return Code set to Error. The comments in Return Message indicate which error has occurred.