Selecting the Tenancy Mode in ITSM
The value that you select in the Tenancy Mode field on the System Settings form determines whether the Company field on various forms defaults to a single company or whether users must always select the appropriate company from the field.
BMC Remedy ITSM Suite is installed with Tenancy Mode field set to Multi-Tenancy because the Company field is mandatory to set Tenancy Mode to Single Tenancy. If you have changed this field to Single-Tenancy, complete the following steps to change the value back to Multi-Tenancy.
The ticket data is saved in the database separately for each company, regardless of Tenancy Mode. This is enforced by the Row Level Security setting.
To set Tenancy Mode to Multi-Tenancy
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, select Foundation > Advanced Options > System Configuration Settings - System Settings, and then click Open.
The Systems Settings form is displayed.
System Settings form
- In the Tenancy Mode field, select Multi-Tenancy.
- Click Save.
While creating an incident or approval mapping, the Company field is prepopulated in the following conditions:
- If the Tenancy Mode is set to Single-Tenancy and a user has access to multiple companies.
- If the Tenancy Mode is set to Single-Tenancy and a user is member of single company.
- If the Tenancy Mode is set to Multi-Tenancy and a user is member of single company.
While creating an Incident or mapping approval, the Company field is not prepopulated in the following condition:
- If the Tenancy Mode is set to Multi-Tenancy and a user is member of multiple companies.