You can schedule a job for future execution. DMT Users and DMT Admins can create and manage job schedules. DMT Users can only modify or delete job schedules that they have created. DMT Admins can modify or delete job schedules created by other users.
Before you begin
Only jobs that have a status of Built can be scheduled.
To create a job schedule
- From the Applications list on the IT Home page, select Data Management > Job Console.
- Double-click the required job in the Job table or select the required job and click View to display the job's details in the Job window.
- Click on the Manage Schedule icon next to the Scheduled field or select Yes in the Scheduled field.
The Manage Job Schedule dialog box displays and the summary field displays that the job has not yet been scheduled.
Select the frequency of the job run in the Schedule drop-down list; for example, select Once to run the job only once.
If you select Daily, the run time that you enter in the next step must be later than the current time on the server on which you are scheduling the job. If you enter a run time that is earlier than the current time on the server, even if you are scheduling the job to run on a later day, you receive the following error message: ARERR 48544 - Scheduled Time cannot be NULL or less than Server Time for Schedule Type Daily.
For example, if the current date and time are November 4 and 2:30 P.M. and you need to schedule a daily job to run for the first time on November 6 at 1:30 P.M. you must wait until tomorrow, November 5, and then schedule the job before 1:30 P.M. This example assumes that your office is physically located in the same time zone as the server on which you are scheduling the job. If the server is located in a different time zone, you must account for the time-zone difference when scheduling the job. Consider a scenario using the same dates and times as in the previous example, but with your office in the U.S. Pacific Time zone and the server in the U.S. Central Time zone. In this scenario, you must schedule the job before 11:30 A.M. to compensate for the time-zone difference between your office and the physical location of the server.
- Enter the required run option values.
- Click Save and click Yes to confirm the creation of the schedule.
The summary field for the schedule changes to display the run option values you have selected.
After you schedule a job, you can unschedule it in the Manage Job Schedule dialog box by selecting No in the Schedule drop-down list and saving your selection. You can also edit the schedule in the Manage Job Schedule dialog box prior to running the job.
- The next start date for a scheduled job displays in the Jobs table on the Job Console.
- Recurring jobs that run based on one schedule can be identified in the Jobs table on the Job Console by their duplicated job names.
You can also view the schedule details for a job in the Manage Job Schedule dialog box:
- If the job has already run, you can see when the job ran.
- If the job is still scheduled to run once in the future, you can see when it will run.
- If the job is a recurring job, you can see when the job will run in the future and when it ran last.