Resolving errors with default currency settings
The default currency utility is run as part of the application installation and generates the arcurrencydefault.log and arcurrencydefault_error.log files.
The arcurrencydefault_error.log file lists the forms that encountered errors while setting the default currency.
- The utility generates log files in the InstallationDirectory\Logs\Currency_Logs directory.
- For example, a Microsoft Windows path might be
C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BMCRemedyITSMSuite\Logs\Currency_Logs.
- For example, a UNIX path might be /opt/bmc/bmcremedyitsmsuite/Logs/Currency_Logs.
Use BMC Remedy Developer Studio to set the currency on the forms listed in the arcurrencydefault_error.log. For example, you might see the following error in the arcurrencydefault_error.log:
Error: Error locking to Admin RPC Queue:
ERROR (90): Cannot establish a network connection to the AR System server; Connection refused: connect myserver1
To resolve this error
- Verify that the BMC Remedy AR System server is running.
- Review the arerror.log for possible issues with the BMC Remedy AR System server.
- Manually set the default currency field.
If a problem occurs
If you encounter
ERROR 90 during execution of default currency, the installer stops running. You must:
- Restore the BMC Remedy AR System server to the state before running the installer.
- Resolve the cause of
- Run the installer again.