Relating a company or application to a product category
Relationships between companies and applications or modules determine which companies, and BMC Remedy ITSM applications and modules, are enabled to accept product categorization information. A product can be associated with one or more companies.
To make the product accessible to all companies, select Global for the company.
To relate a company and application or module to a product
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Foundation> Products/Operational Catalogs> Product Catalog, and then click Open. The Product Catalog Setup form appears.
- Enter search criteria in the fields on the Product Categorization Search Criteria area of the form, and then click Search.
- From the results list, select a product. The relationships that appear in the Company/Module Relationships table are directly related to the product selected in the product table.
- In the Company and Module Relationships area, click View or Create. The Company/Module Relationship form appears.
In the Company field, select the company name to relate to the product.
- Select the product status flags that apply to the product.
Select Yes for each BMC Remedy ITSM application and module that you want to enable for the product.
Click the check mark to the right of the Service Support Modules header to select all applications and modules.
Select the Status.
A product status must be set to Enabled for it to appear in lists for product fields.
- Click Save.