The My Content panel provides the user with quick access to key pieces of content. There are two different forms this panel can take, defined by a Configuration item:
|Left Navigation Panel||Right My Content Panel|
In order to change the way the My Content panel displays, navigation to Administration > Content Settings > Dashboard (tab) and adjust the My Content Location setting.
The My Content panel contains access to the following groups of content:
|A list of content set as 'favorite' by the user.|
|2||Drafts||A list of the last 5 pieces of content accessed that are currently in Draft mode.|
|3||Recently Accessed||A list of recently accessed pieces of content that are currently Active.|
|4||Filters||A list of filters available for the report currently being displayed, if any.|
|5||Hidden||A list of content that is hidden from being displayed on the Browse page.|
The favorites list is unique for every user. Rather than having to search for frequently used content user can add these to their list of favorites. This allows quick and easy access to these as required.
Adding to favorites
A user creates their own list of favorites in BMC Remedy Smart Reporting by completing the following:
- Dashboard: the user adds a Tab to their Dashboard and it is automatically added to their Favorites
- Report: the user views the Report and clicks on the Star icon on the Report Menu, changing it to blue and adding it to their Favorites
- Storyboard: the user views their Storyboard and clicks on the Star icon on the panel at the bottom of the page, changing it to blue and adding it to their Favorites
Deleting from favorites
In order to remove an item from their favorites, a user should complete the following:
- Dashboard: the user just needs to delete the Dashboard Tab from their Dashboard, using the tab's menu
- Report: the user should view the Report, and click on the same Star icon on the Report Menu, this time changing from blue to grey. They can also click on the Delete button when viewing the Favorites list through the Left Navigation Panel
- Storyboard: the user should view the Storyboard and click on the same Star icon on the panel at the bottom of the page, this time changing it from blue to grey. They can also click on the Delete button when viewing the Favorites list through the Left Navigation Panel
The Draft list displays content currently in draft mode, with the most recent at the top of the list. From here you can click on the content to view it in edit mode, or click on delete to remove the content from the system.
The Recently Accessed list displays content you have been working with or viewing, with the most recent at the top of the list. From here you can click on the content to view it.