Multi-tenancy is a feature in BMC Remedy ITSM Suite that enables you to do the following:
- Control data access in a hosted environment. For example, in a service provider environment, multiple companies might use a single application in BMC Remedy ITSM Suite, with the data for each company hidden from the other companies using the application.
- Control access to configuration items, incidents, known errors, broadcast messages, categorization, summary definitions in the Requester Console, and so on.
- Segregate data and restrict access. Access restrictions are performed primarily on ticketing forms, such as incidents, problem investigations, change requests, and asset records.
This section provides the following information:
- Data access in a multitenant environment
- Selecting the Tenancy Mode
- Working with Configuration Items
- Using restricted access for support companies