The Data Management tool is designed to load and to modify data in an out-of-the-box implementation of the BMC Remedy ITSM product suite.
If various business drivers require you to customize your BMC Remedy ITSM environment, you must ensure that the Data Management tool functions correctly in your customized environment by:
- identifying the customizations
- analyzing the impact of the customizations
- ensuring the customizations work with the Data Management tool.
To help you make the Data Management tool work with your customizations, make sure that you read and understand the topics in this section.
A step by step example with screenshots on how to add a company field to spreadsheets and transformation are explained in the Loading Foundation data for multiple companies topic. The same steps can be used for adding your custom fields and creating a custom job to make data load work for your custom fields.
This section provides the following information:
- Identifying customizations
- Analyzing your customizations for impact on dataload functionality
- Making data load work with your customizations
- Making the data wizard work with your customizations
- Modifying Data Management CI jobs to add customizations
- Foundation data onboarding for multiple companies with validation