Loading People records with primary cost centers and secondary cost centers, version 8.1.01 and later
When you load people data, if you need to associate multiple cost centers to individual People records, you must ensure that all of the cost centers are defined on the People.xlsx spreadsheet and that you create an association among the cost centers for the individual, as described in this topic. If you do not create the association between the primary and secondary cost centers, you can encounter dataload exceptions when you run the dataload job.
When People records are loaded using People Templates using Data Management or the Onboarding Wizard the values specified on the People Template record are not used. Only the permission groups, support groups and functional roles tied to the people template are applied to the People record.
Primary and Secondary cost centers
If a person is a member of more than one organization or provides services for multiple organizations in a company, that person might have more than one cost center associated with their People record. If a person has multiple cost centers, one of the cost centers must be designated their primary cost center; all of their other cost centers are considered secondary cost centers. The primary cost center is usually the cost center of the organization that the person works most closely with, but this can be different depending on the organization.
The People form records the cost center information in the Primary Cost Center Code field and in the Secondary Cost Centers table.
To load People records with primary and associated secondary cost centers, you need to perform the following procedures:
- Associate the primary cost center code with the people record
Associate the primary cost center code with the people record
In this procedure, you associate the individual people records with the primary cost center on the CTM_LoadPeople tab on the People.xlsx spreadsheet..
- Open the People.xlsx spreadsheet, then open the CTM_LoadPeople tab.
- In the Primary Cost Center Code column, enter the primary cost center code associated with the individual People record.
- Enter information for the rest of the required fields and for any of the optional fields on the CTM_LoadPeople tab.
Map the secondary cost center codes to the primary cost center codes
This procedure is the key to creating an association between the primary cost center and it's related, secondary cost centers. You perform these steps on the FIN_LoadCostCenterUDAAssoc tab of the People.xlsx spreadsheet.
- From the People.xlsx spreadsheet, open the FIN_LoadCostCenterUDAAssoc tab.
- In the Cost Center Code column enter the secondary cost centers codes for the person.
- Beside each of the secondary cost center codes, In the Source Cost Center Code column, enter the primary cost center code associated with the person.
- For each row that you add, provide the Person ID of the person for whom you are creating the entries. In the following illustration, look at the Person ID column and you'll see that the first three rows associate the secondary cost centers to the primary cost center for one person, while the second four rows make that association for a different person.
- Enter information for the rest of the required fields and for any of the optional fields on the FIN_LoadCostCenterUDAAssoc tab.