Loading a parent group through Unified Data Management and Onboarding Wizard
The hierarchical group structure allows you to easily organize larger groups in hierarchical order. If a group must have access to data belonging to different groups, assigning a parent group can simplify permission management. While importing companies and support groups by using the Unified Data Management (UDM) and Onboarding Wizard, you can load a parent group for a company or a support group. You can use the standard UDM and Onboarding wizard spreadsheets to specify a parent group and fix the errors corresponding to a parent group through the Error Management console.
Specifying a parent group through spreadsheets
The Company and Support Group spreadsheets for UDM and Onboarding Wizard include the Parent Company, Parent Support Organization, Parent Support Group fields.
A data administrator can perform the following actions:
- Create a company or a support group and define a parent group for a company or a support group
- Update the parent group for a company or a support group
Considerations when loading a parent group on the Onboarding wizard
While validating the records through Data Visualizer, you can select a parent group for a company or a support group on the Onboarding wizard for the COM:LoadCompany and CTM:LoadSupportGroup forms:
- Set Parent Group Type: Select a parent group type to indicate if a parent group is a company or a support group. The Parent Group Name list displays the values based on the parent group type.
- Parent Group Name: Select the parent group name. This field lists the names of companies or support groups based on the parent group type selected from the Set Parent Group Type list.
- Set Parent as Blank: Select this check box to remove parent group.
The step 1 and step 4 of onboarding wizard phase 1 display the fields listed below:
- Set Parent Group Type
- Parent Group Name
- Set Parent as Blank
Fixing parent group-related errors on the Error Management console
The Error Management console allows you to fix the records that have errors relevant to a parent company, parent support group, or a parent support organization. Update the following form fields to fix the errors: