You can integrate applications with BMC Remedy ITSM using any of the following methods:
- Web services client — Moves information in and retrieves information from ITSM applications. For more information, see Using web services.
- BMC Remedy APIs — For more information, see Using BMC Remedy APIs. Click here to read information in the BMC AR System documentation about using the BMC Remedy AR System API for integration.
You implement the following application integration methods from BMC Remedy AR System:
- LDAP Integration --- Imports existing user names so you can grant permission to access applications. Click here to read information in the BMC AR System documentation about LDAP integrations.
- Vendor and View Forms --- Retrieves and displays data from external data sources in ITSM applications. Click here to read information in the BMC AR System documentation about Vendor and View Forms integrations.
- ODBC type integrations --- For example: Excel integration based on BMC Remedy AR System that imports user names into the ITSM foundation's People form. Click here to read information in the BMC AR System documentation about ODBC type integrations.
Use the integration forms to create, modify, and query information about BMC Remedy ITSM through web service clients or through third-party applications that use the standard Remedy API. For more information about how integrations work, see Integrating.