Entering data in the spreadsheets
This section provides general instructions for entering data in the dataload spreadsheets.
- Loading data into a system
- Loading data to hub and spoke environments
- Dataload spreadsheet dependencies
- CI class IDs for Transactional_Asset.xlsx spreadsheet
- Loading knowledge article images from dataload spreadsheets
- Loading knowledge articles with links to other articles
- Loading People records with primary cost centers and secondary cost centers, version 8.1.01 and later
- Loading phase and sequence for task and task group templates
- Spreadsheets required for minimum standard configuration
To simplify the distribution of spreadsheets, so that others can also enter data into them, each spreadsheet includes instructions specific to the spreadsheet.
You can only use ARX files (and not Excel spreadsheets) to import BMC Service Request Management data. For information on the BMC Service Request Management dataload process, see Using the Data Management Job Console.
All of the articles in the knowledge base provided by BMC Knowledge Management have their own unique original article ID. This ID is referred to as the PrevDocId or KAM article Doc ID in the dataload spreadsheet. For all of the different knowledge article templates, the article ID and its version should be unique.
The Data Management loads are single tenant. The Company is driven from the Data Management job. All of the data that is loaded by the Data Management job is associated with the company that you selected when your created the Data Management job. This means that you must create a separate spreadsheet for each company. In addition, you must create a separate Data Management job for each company spreadsheet.
In order to open and save Microsoft Excel 2007 (and later) files (.xlsx) with Excel XP or 2003, you need to apply Microsoft's compatibility patch as documented in KB924074 found at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924074.
BMC does not support error handling for the CI relationship data from the Transactional-Asset.xlsx spreadsheet. Ensure that you enter valid normalized relationship type names into the spreadsheet. For more information about the normalized names, see the CI relationship types table in Loading BMC Asset Management data.