Creating support groups
The Support Group structure is defined as Company > Support Organization > Support Group, which represents how a company is structured from a support perspective. Support groups are typically used to assign work in BMC Remedy ITSM applications.
This topic provides the following information:
Understanding support groups video
Although the concepts and procedures presented in this video are correct, the user interfaces shown are not current.
To create support groups
You can create support groups for companies that have a type of Operating Company, Customer, Vendor, Service Provider.
- On the Standard Configuration tab of the Application Administration Console, select the correct company.
- Click the Create link next to Support Group.
- Enter or select information in the Support Organization field. Enter the name of the support organization to create it. After you add the first support group to the organization, you can select the organization when you add the next support group.
- Enter or select information in the Support Group Name field.
- Enter or select the support group role. The Support Group Role field describes the role that the support group has in the organization. For example, the support group named Internal Support might provide the Help Desk function, while another support group provides Tier 2 support.
You choose from the following support group roles, which are levels in the support group hierarchy:
- Help Desk
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 3
You can also select the Line of Business support group role, which can be assigned to a non-IT team that supports customers with a particular business need.
The following figure shows a support group being added.
Example of a Support Group being added Click Add.
- Repeat 3 though 6 to add all the support groups that you require.
- When you are finished configuring support organizations and groups for the company, click Close.