Creating customized job templates
For dataload, you can create customized job templates in Job Console.
- You cannot load CI and CI relationships data using a single job template. CIs and CI relationships need to be loaded using two separate jobs.
- While running a data load job for a big number of asset records, you must set composite index of the following fields for a speedy data load:
- Company(Attribute added by ITSM extension)
Before you begin
You must fill in all initial job details as described in Creating a job.
To create customized templates from the Job (New) window
- From the Applications list on the IT Home page, select Data Management > Job Console.
From the Job Console, click Create.
Alternatively, you can choose Create Template under Other Functions to open the Job Template window. For more information, see To create customized templates from the Job Template window.
- Create your steps by following the procedure in Creating customized jobs.
- Click Save As Template.
- In the Save As Template dialog box, fill in a name and description for the template.
From the Category list, select a staging form category for the template, such as Foundation, Process Setup, Transactional, or Custom.
Use the custom category when the template has staging forms that are a combination of Foundation, Process Setup, and Transactional staging forms.
Select a company from the Company list.
You can add additional company access to this template by searching for the template after it is saved and choosing other companies. For more information, see Searching for job templates.
- Click Save.
To create customized templates from the Job Template window
- From the Applications list on the IT Home page, select Data Management> Job Console.
- In the Job Console, select Other Functions> Create Template.
- In the Job Template window, enter a descriptive name for the template.
- You can enter a brief description for the template in Template Description.
- Select the company that will own the template.
- Select the template category.
- Select a status for the template (for example, Proposed, Enabled etc.)
- Select at least one required company in the Company Access information.
- Click Save to save the information.
Complete the Company Access information for additional companies.
Filling in this information allows other users in the applied companies to use this template. To do this, select the required company and click Add. The selected company displays in the table.
Click Refresh to refresh the table. You can also remove a company by selecting it in the table and clicking Remove.
From the Steps panel, select the Step option from the Create drop-down list.
You must have first saved the template in order to create steps.
- In the Step Template (New) window, enter a descriptive name for the step.
- Enter a brief description for the step in Step Description.
- From the Status list, select the status for the step (for example, Proposed, Enabled etc.)
- Select the step type.
- Select the staging form category.
- For a Validate or Promote step, select a staging form name from the drop-down list.
- Select a group name from the Step Group drop-down list or enter a custom group name.
- If you are creating a Load step, you must select the name of your BMC Atrium Integrator job.
- You can select the Create Only check box to run the validation for this step and create new records for the target applications. For more information about the Create Only check box, see Creating customized jobs.
- You can select the Wait Before Execution check box to pause the job at the selected step before the step runs.
- Click Save to save your step template.
When you manually create a Validate step, and after you click Save, the system automatically creates the associated Promote step. Also, when you manually create a Promote step, and after you click Save, the system automatically creates the associated Validate step.
- Repeat steps 7-21 for all of the steps that you want to add to your job template.
Once you have saved your template, you can access it from the Job Template window by selecting the Custom Job Template option in the Create drop-down list or you can search for it.
To create a new template based on a copy of the template you created, click Copy Template on the Job Template window, complete the new template name, description, category, and company fields, and save the information.