Creating assignment routing in a standard configuration
You can configure assignment routing so that the system automatically assigns records, such as investigations or change requests, to the appropriate support group.
When a BMC Remedy ITSM application uses the routing order, which is a feature of many of the main ticketing forms, it uses information from the form to find an assignment entry and select the support group for assignment.
- These procedures are for standard assignment processing and do not include instructions for configuring application-specific assignment.
- Configure BMC Remedy ITSM Suite assignments solely from the Application Administration Console. Do not configure BMC Remedy ITSM Suite assignments from either the BMC Remedy Assignment Engine Console or from "back-end" forms, because this causes issues.
To create assignment routing
- On the Standard Configuration tab of the Application Administration Console, select the correct company.
- Click the Create link next to Assignment.
The Assignment dialog box appears.
- In the Event field, select the type of assignment entry.
For example, Incident Owner is used by the Incident Management feature of BMC Service Desk to assign an Owner Group to the incident. The Owner Group is responsible for ensuring that the customer is satisfied with the incident resolution and for closing the Incident.
- (Optional) Enter a description.
- In the Assigned Group field, select the support group to assign.
- In the Routing Order area, specify when this assignment entry should be used for the automated assignment.
Select the location of the incident or request. If this routing applies to all companies, select Global.
You can route assignments by operational services.
You can route assignments by product categorization.
Operational Categorization is not used in BMC Asset Management.
- Click Add.
- Repeat step 3 through step 7 to add more assignment routings.
You should create all event assignments for your company and groups. Otherwise, you could encounter issues when creating tickets.
- When you are finished adding assignment routings, click Close.