Configuring the Start menu
Use the following steps to configure the Start menu options.
To configure the Start menu
- Press Ctrl+Esc on your keyboard to open the Start menu.
- Type S to open the Settings menu, and press Enter.
The Settings submenu options are displayed.
- Type C for Control Panel.
- Press the T until your hear the words "taskbar and start menu," and then press Enter.
The Taskbar and Start menu properties dialog box appears.
- On the Taskbar tab, perform the following actions:
- If the Group similar taskbar buttons option is selected, press Alt+G to deselect it.
- If the Hide inactive icons options is selected, press Alt+H to deselect it.
- Press Ctrl+Tab to select the Start Menu tab.
- Press Alt+M to select the Classic Start menu option.
- Press Tab until you hear "OK", and press Enter to save the changes.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you