Configuring task templates settings for change requests
The Task Templates tab specifies which tasks and task groups you can include with this template. This functionality is especially useful for standard changes, as you can include (for example, typical tasks used with change and configuration management). For information about working with tasks and change requests, see Working with tasks.
To configure task templates settings
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Change Management > Template > Template, and then click Open.
- Click the Task Templates tab.
Change Template form — Task Templates tab
The tab shows tasks and task groups related to the template, along with any child tasks of the selected task group. From the tab, you can:
- Select a task, and then click View to display tasks already added to the template.
- Select a task, and then click Remove to remove tasks from the template.
Select child tasks, and then click View to display these tasks.
- Select a request type (for example, Task Template).
- To add a task or task group to your template, click Relate.
The Select Template dialog box appears.
- Use the Type and Category fields to filter the list of tasks displayed.
- Select a task or task group, and then click Relate. The task or task group is added to the template. If needed, you can click View to display the template. If task phase management and task validation is enabled, the Phase field is displayed.
From the Phasefield, choose a phase.
If Task Phase Management is enabled when you create the change template, it is applicable for the change template even if it is disabled at a later stage. For more information about enabling phase management and task validation, see Configuring change rules.
The Phase menu shows the active phases available for the specified company (which are defined in the Phase Management Configuration form). Use the Phase field to associate a phase with a change template for a task or task group.
Configuring a phase in a change template
- Repeat steps 5 through 8 for all phases and all tasks to include in the template. If phases were enabled, after you select a phase and relate your tasks, the Related Templates table shows only tasks included with that phase.
- Close the dialog box.
- Click Save.