Configuring surveys in the BMC Remedy ITSM Requester console
Use the Survey Question Configuration form to set up survey questions for your requesters. Surveys give the Business Service Manager or IT Manager an indication of customer satisfaction levels and how the BMC Service Desk is performing.
You can configure a survey for a specific company or select Global to make the survey available to all companies.
You must have Requester Console Config or Requestor Console Master permissions to access this form.
If your environment is running the BMC Service Request Management application, the Request Entry console feature of that application replaces the BMC Remedy ITSM Requester console. For information about surveys in BMC Service Request Manager, see Setting up surveys and viewing results.
To configure surveys for the BMC Remedy ITSM Requester console
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Requester Console > Configuration > Survey Configuration, and then click Open. The Survey Question Configuration form appears.
- Select the company to which this survey applies, or select Global to make this survey available to all companies.
- For Request Type, select Change or Incident. The survey is specific to the specified request type, either change or incident. (The application must be installed for the appropriate request type to appear.)
- If users select a summary definition that is mapped to the change request type, they receive the survey if the Request Type is set to Change.
- If users select a summary definition that is mapped to the incident request type, they receive the survey if the Request Type is set to Incident.
- In the four Question fields, enter questions to which you want requesters to respond. Only one question is required, but you can enter up to four questions.
The Remedy Mid Tier URL for survey notifications must be customized for your environment. For further information, see Customizing the out-of-the-box survey notification URL.