Configuring request rules
Use the Request Rules form to set up rules around auto-close of requests and surveys on a per-company basis.
You must have Requester Console Config or Requester Console Master permissions to access this form.
If your environment is running the BMC Service Request Management application, the Request Entry console feature of that application replaces the BMC Remedy ITSM Requester console. For information about configuring survey rules in BMC Service Request Management, see Defining behavior rules for surveys.
To configure request rules
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Requester Console > Requester Console Options > Rules, and then click Open. The Request Rules form appears.
- To modify an existing rule, search for it. The BMC Remedy ITSM installation includes global request rules, which apply to all companies. For the global request rules, the company is specified as Global.
- Select the company to which this rule applies.
- Select the status.
- Define survey rules:
- Enable Survey — Select Yes if you want requesters to receive surveys after their requests have been resolved.
- Last Surveyed Days — To encourage participation in surveys and avoid overloading requesters with too many surveys, select the number of days between the distribution of surveys. For example, if you select 7, seven days will elapse before the next survey is distributed.
- Optionally enter a description.
- Click Save.