Configuring relationship settings for incident management templates
The values in the Relationships tab are used to add information to the Relationships tab in the Incident form. This tab is used to relate incidents to specific CIs. For example, an incident template for email incidents might include a relationship to the mail server. Or an incident template for printer incidents might include relationships to commonly supported printers and in this case, the user recording the incident with this template would remove all but the applicable relationship from the Incident form.
To configure relationship settings
- On the Incident Template form, click the Relationships tab.
- In the Request Type field, select Configuration Item. The only option is Configuration Item.
- Click Search. The CI Relationships Search form appears.
- Complete the fields on the search criteria tabs with the relevant information, then click Search. The matching results are displayed in the CIs table.
- Select the appropriate CI.
- From the Relationship Type list, select the type of relationship to associate the CI with the incident template. For example, Configuration Item.
- Click Relate. A message confirms that the configuration item you selected has been related to the incident template.
- Repeat steps 5 through 7 for all the CIs that you want related to the incident template.
- Close the CI Relationship Search form.
- Click Save.