Configuring chat settings
The Openfire Chat plug-in of Remedy AR System works only on browser versions that support Adobe Flash. We recommend to use Smart IT Openfire Chat for agent to agent communication.
After you have enabled the chat option, you must configure chat for BMC Remedy ITSM.
For information about setting up the OpenFire chat server, see Installing and configuring the Openfire chat server in the Configuring Chat section of the BMC Remedy Action Request System documentation.
To configure chat settings
- Select Application Administration Console > Custom Configuration > Foundation > Social Collaboration > Chat Settings.
- Click Open.
The Chat Settings window is opened in the Search mode.
- Select one of the options from the Action On Chat Conversation list:
- Save and not allow edit - Your chat is automatically saved as a work log in the Work Info area, and you cannot edit it.
- Save and allow edit - Your chat is automatically saved as a work log in the Work Info area, and you can edit it.
- Do not save - Your chat is not saved, and the work log is discarded.
- Click Save.
- For your changes to take effect, log out and log back on.