Configuring categorization settings for incident management templates
The values in the Categorization tab are used to add information to the service and product categorization sections of the Classification tab in the Incident form.
- Operational categorization is based on a three-tier hierarchy defined in the Operational Catalog.
- Product categorization is based on a five-tier hierarchy defined in your Product Catalog.
Incident templates can automatically create relationships to customer CIs, as configured here.
To configure categorization settings
- On the Incident Template form, click the Categorization tab.
- Select the appropriate operational categorizations for Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3.
- Select the appropriate product categorizations for Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, Product Name, and Model/Version.
- To have the template create an automatic relationship to a CI, in addition to the relationships that are already established based on the content of the Service and CI fields, complete the Automatic Relationship of Customer's CI area as follows.
For example, if you are creating a template for email issues, you can set up the template to automatically create a relationship to the CI for the mail server.
To set up the relationship, select items from the following lists on the Categorization tab, and specify the CI on the Relationships tab.
Automatic CI Relationship
Select Yes for the template to automatically create the relationship to the CI.
CI Relationship Type
Select how the CI is related to the incident customer. Available selections are Used by, Owned by, Supported by, Managed by, Created by, Approved by, ALL.
Incident Relationship Type
Select how the incident relates to the CI. Available selections are Related to, Restores, Impacts.
- Click Save.