Changing the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting super admin password
After installation, BMC Remedy Smart Reporting creates a super admin by default, named siadmin. This user is a BMC Remedy Smart Reporting super user. This topic describes how you can change the siadmin password.
To change the default password of the super admin user
- Log on to the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting console as the siadmin user by using the following URL:
- Select the Default Client Organization, and click Login.
This option will be displayed if the siadmin user has access to multiple client organizations.
- Go to Administration > Admin Console and expand the Users section.
- Expand the System Administrator drop down, and click Edit.
- In the Change Password section, enter the new password and click Update.
- Click Save.
- Click Close on the top right corner of the page to end your session.
- Log on to the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting console as siadmin, using the new password.
- On the System Administrator page, enter the new password in all three text boxes.
Click Save Personal Settings to save the new password.
Where to go from here
After changing the default password of the super admin user, you must also update the super admin password in the Mid-Tier. For more information, see BMC Remedy Mid-Tier configuration.
To reset the password if the super admin user forgets it or if the super admin user account is locked, see the knowledge article Resetting super admin password. For resetting the password of the super admin user, if you do not see the development\examples folder, then contact the BMC support team.