A report can be set up to have more than one broadcast schedule. This allows you to have different schedules and audiences for the same report. Once you have enabled Broadcasting you will be able to schedule reports for regular delivery from the Broadcast menu.
Your report must be active to define a broadcast schedule.
There are three delivery types available:
|Broadcast||Allows you to share the report results with the users by via email.|
|Smart Task||Allows you to share the report results with the users by creating a task.|
|Personal Broadcast||Allows you to share the report results with only the user who created the broadcast.|
|FTP Schedule||Allows you to share the report results by using FTP.|
In order to use the Broadcasting functionality, you need to ensure the following:
- An Administrator has enabled Broadcasting on the Data Source Connection.
- An Administrator has enabled the Broadcasting Role Permissions for User Roles that require it.
- The Report Writer has enabled Broadcasting on the Report.
- Open a report in Edit mode, and navigate to the Report menu, can click on Save.
- On the Save Panel, expand the Distribution Security section. Enable the following options:
This will display the broadcast icon on the Report screen.
- Set the Refresh settings. The Refresh settings are displayed when you save a report.
Open a report in Edit mode, and navigate to the Report menu, can click on Save.
On the Save panel, expand the Refresh section. Enable the following options:
Data will be loaded fresh when the report is opened.
Data in this report will be manually refreshed by the user when required.
Data in this report will be refreshed on a basis of schedule defined by user
For Scheduling select periodically option and specify refresh frequency and refresh time.
Once you configure the schedule save and activate the report and from the admin panel you will be able to view and delete all scheduled tasks without the need to open each task individual
See Report and Edit Menus for more information.