BMC Remedy Smart Reporting for version 9.1.02 enhancements
This topic provides an overview of the enhancements made to BMC Remedy Smart Reporting.
BMC Remedy Smart Reporting is available only for versions 9.0 or later. The application can be accessed only after BMC Remedy ITSM is installed post the BMC Remedy AR System installation or upgrade.
Key features of BMC Remedy Smart Reporting
The following new features are included in BMC Remedy Smart Reporting.
User-friendly interface for administration tasks related to onboarding users
This version of BMC Remedy Smart Reporting provides a new administrator user interface that simplifies the onboarding process and related activities. The Admin Console provides the following capabilities:
- A user friendly interface for onboarding BMC Remedy Smart Reporting users
- Offboarding utility to delete customers from the system
- Updates to user filter criteria defined during onboarding (Updates filters are used by the user sync utility when synching BMC Remedy Smart Reporting users.)
- Database Clean up utility to delete any unnecessary records for offboarded customers
to bring the onboarding data (of 9.1.01 and older releases) which was present in AR system forms into BMC Remedy Smart Reporting database.
From 9.1.04 release onward, you need not run the Data Collection utility as the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting installer fetches the onboarding data into BMC Remedy Smart Reporting database. The Data Collection utility is removed from the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting Admin Console.
Report sharing via email
In addition to the Distribute option, this release of BMC Remedy Smart Reporting provides the option to Share reports. The Share option allows you to share the report via email. Recipients must log in with BMC Remedy AR System credentials to view the report.
Support to connect with a read-only replicated AR database
In 9.1.02, BMC Remedy AR System Server supports a read-only replicated database for reporting operations. This enhancement allows BMC Remedy Smart Reporting users to do the following activities:
- Connect with the read-only replicated AR database.
- Execute all the reporting operations that do not need any changes to the AR database. For example, viewing reports, sharing reports, and so on.