Automatically synchronizing BMC Remedy AR System users to BMC Remedy Smart Reporting
For latest version of this topic, go to the .
The BMC Remedy Smart Reporting Onboarding utility allows you to add BMC Remedy AR System users having Fixed or Floating license type and
Current status to BMC Remedy Smart Reporting. The BMC Remedy Smart Reporting User Sync utility maintains an automated synchronization between BMC Remedy AR System user data and BMC Remedy Smart Reporting. The User Sync utility also synchronizes the Timezone of the user from the User Preference form of Remedy AR System to Remedy Smart Reporting.
Using the Pentaho framework (for version 9.1.03 and earlier) and the Java component (for version 9.1.04 and later), the user sync utility creates jobs to sync updates made the BMC Remedy AR System user and People form. Whenever an add, modify, or delete operation is performed on the BMC Remedy AR System User or People form, a corresponding job is triggered to be run at a scheduled time, for a particular customer.
The job schedule is controlled by the following escalation that is run every 12 hours, and checks for any synchronization requests. You can change the job frequency by changing the value of this escalation.
- (For version 9.1.03 and earlier)
- (For version 9.1.04 and later)
Until BMC Remedy AR System, BMC Atrium Core, and BMC Atrium Integrator are successfully installed, both these escalation files are available. When you perform a fresh installation for version 9.1.04 or a successful upgrade to version 9.1.04, the
RSR:UserSync escalation is available to control the job schedule. However, if you perform a rollback from version 9.1.04 to an earlier version, the
RSR:UpdateCompletedStatus escalation is available to control the job schedule.
For the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting user sync utility to work correctly, make sure that:
- The onboarding process completed successfully
- The email ID for each user is unique
- The Reporting Server OrgName on the Report Server Details are the same as the customer defined during the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting onboarding process.
When the Company of a user is modified in BMC Remedy ITSM, the user sync utility does not update this information in the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting client organization of the company.
You must log on to BMC Remedy Smart Reporting as a reporting super administrator, usually siadmin, manually delete the user from the original company client organization, and then manually add the user to the new company client organization.
Note: This issue was fixed in Service Pack 1 for version 9.0.00.
(For version 9.1.03 and earlier) See the following video to manually run the user sync utility when required.
Changing the frequency of the user sync job
- Log on to BMC Remedy Developer studio.
- Select the workspace. When prompted, enter the BMC Remedy AR System server user name and password.
- From the File menu, choose Switch Mode. Click OK on both alerts displayed.
- In the left pane, expand All Objects, and open Escalations.
- Under Filtering Options, select Name from the first and Contains from the second drop down list.
- Type RSR in the text box and press Enter.
- From the search results, open the
RSR:UpdateCompletedStatusescalation (for version 9.1.03 and earlier) or the
RSR:UserSyncescalation (for version 9.1.04 and later).
- Under Execution Options, select the Days, Hours, and Minutes as per your requirement.
Viewing the status of the user sync job
For version 9.1.04 and later, verify that there are no error messages in the smartreporting.log file located in the <ARSystemInstallDir>/ARServer/Db directory.
For version 9.1.03 and earlier, follow the steps given below to view the status of the user sync job:
- Log on to BMC Remedy AR System Mid-Tier, and open the UDM:ExecutionStatus form.
- Select Job from the Type list and click Search.
From the list of jobs displayed, select:
- UserSyncUtil_Job, when Smart Reporting onboarding is used.
- UserSyncUtil_MSP_Job, when ITSM multi-company Smart Reporting is used.
- Click Refresh to view the updated status of the user sync job.