Adding product models and versions
Product models and versions are used to differentiate between the various models or versions that are available for a given product in the product catalog. For each model and version, you can also specify patches.
To create product models and versions, you need either Config Categorization Admin or Config Categorization User permission.
To add a model or version for a product
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Foundation > Products/Operational Catalogs > Product Catalog, and then click Open.
The Product Catalog Setup form appears.
- Enter search criteria in the fields on the Product Categorization Search Criteria area of the form, and then click Search to search for the product.
- From the results list, select a product.
- Click the Model/Version tab, and then click Create.
The Product Model/Version form appears.
In the Product Model/Versionfield, enter the model or version to add.
If you do not know the product model and version, click Unknown to dim this field.
- Select the Product Model/Version State.
- In the Requires Contract field, select Yes or No.
- Enter any additional information, and then click Save.
The model or version for the selected product appears in the table on the Model/Version tab. You can create multiple models and versions for any product that exists in the product catalog.
To add patch information for a product model or version
- On the Model/Version tab of the Product Catalog Setup form, select a product model or version.
- Click the Patch tab, and then click Create.
The Patch dialog box appears.
- Set the status to enabled.
- In the Patch Last Build ID field, enter the patch build ID to add.
- Optionally, enter a patch build date and description.
- Click Save.