9.1.01: Service Pack 1
This table provides information about fixes and updates in this service pack, and provides instructions for downloading and installing the service pack.
Enhancements in Service Pack 1
To learn about new features added to this service pack, see BMC Remedy ITSM Suite 9.1.01 enhancements.
|Known and corrected issues|
Downloading the service pack
|For download instructions, see in the BMC Remedy IT Service Management Deployment documentation.|
Installing the service pack
If you are installing the product for the first time, see in BMC Remedy IT Service Management Deployment documentation.
If you are installing this service pack as an upgrade, see in BMC Remedy IT Service Management Deployment documentation.
BMC Remedy ITSM Suite 9.1.01 enhancements
Service Pack 1 provides enhancements in the following BMC Remedy ITSM 9.1.01 applications and components:
BMC Remedy ITSM Suite installation and upgrade enhancements
- Page not found for multiexcerpt macro.
BMC Remedy ITSM Suite enhancements
Defining the support groups to be displayed in the assignment menus
The assignment menus in BMC Remedy IT Service Management 9.1.00 are tied to company fields. This means, the assignment menus displayed the valid support groups defined for a company. This feature helps in preventing the incorrect assignments. Starting from version 9.1.01, this feature is extended to the task, template, activity forms of BMC Task Management, Activity, BMC Release Management, BMC Change Management, and BMC Service Request Management. The enhancements made in the version 9.1.01 are listed below:
- The assignment menus on task, template, activity forms display the valid support groups associated with a location or a customer company.
- The Support Staff search dialog boxes display the valid support groups associated with a location or a customer company mentioned on a ticket.
- The BMC Remedy IT Service Management applications display the appropriate error messages if the support group selected in the assignment menus is not defined as a valid support group for a location or customer company mentioned on a ticket.
- The support group assignment details from the existing templates for the following applications are automatically migrated from the older versions of BMC Remedy IT Service Management to the Support Group Assignment Configuration form:
- BMC Change Management
- BMC Release Management
- BMC Task Management
- Work Order
For details, see Support group configuration for assignments.
Data Management enhancements
Enhancement of Unified Data Management and Onboarding Wizard to support hierarchical groups
The standard Unified Data Management (UDM) and the Onboarding Wizard now support hierarchical groups. The hierarchical groups feature introduced in BMC IT Service Management 9.1.00 enables you to organize larger groups in hierarchical order and assign a parent group to simplify permissions. Starting from version 9.1.01, you can perform the following actions:
- Load a parent group for a company or a support group while importing companies and support groups through the UDM and Onboarding Wizard spreadsheets.
- Specify the parent group type and parent group name for a company or a support group while validating the records through the Data Visualizer of the Onboarding Wizard.
- Fix the errors relevant to parent groups of a company or a support group by using the Error Management console.
For more details, see Loading a parent group through UDM and Onboarding Wizard.
Decoupling reconciliation activity for BMC Remedy ITSM CI and Asset data loaded through Data Management
In the releases prior to 9.1.01, when you run a CI job through the Data Management > Job Console for the data loaded through Transactional_CI.xlsm,Transactional_Asset.xlsm, and Transactional_CI_Express.xlsm spreadsheets, a reconciliation process was triggered to reconcile the ITSM.CI.DATA dataset CIs. Due to this, there was a wait period and UDM jobs remained in that state till the reconciliation process is completed.
Starting from 9.1.01, the reconciliation activity is removed from the validate step which allows the UDM jobs to complete in a timely manner. Now you have the flexibility to reconcile your data manually or by scheduling the reconciliation process as you do for other datasets.
Removal of reconciliation process from the validate step allows you to normalize the BMC Remedy ITSM CI and Asset data before reconciliation and also enhances the performance of the CI-CMDB and Asset jobs.
For details on normalizing and reconciling the data, see Normalization and reconciliation: recommended procedure for ITSM CI data Loaded through Data Management.
Starting from 9.1.01, the following DMT escalations run in their own escalation pool which allows these escalations to run in parallel:
The escalation minimum and maximum thread values are also updated to accommodate up to 6 threads. If you already have a higher thread number, the above escalations continue to run in parallel and are not affected.
BMC Knowledge Management enhancements
- Out-of-the-box Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) escalations now include the following enhancements:
- A single escalation, RKM:KCS:RadarData_Compute, runs daily to compute the data for all metrics required for the KCS reports.
- To prevent needless computation of data when Smart IT is not installed, the RKM:KCS:RadarData_Compute escalation shipped with BMC Knowledge Management 9.1.01 is offline out of the box. It can be enabled by installing Smart IT 1.5 or enabled manually when required.
- RKM:KCS:RadarData_Compute escalation computes data from the last successful run date, instead of just previous 24 hours. So, if the escalation does not run on a particular day because of outage, data for that day is not lost.
When the KCS Coach of a KCS knowledge author changes, the new KCS Coach can create and view the assessment results for the KCS knowledge author, using the KCS : AQI Results for Articles report. The new KCS Coach can also view the results of old assessments conducted by the previous KCS Coach, using the same report. The previous KCS Coaches continue to view the results of assessments they conducted, but cannot view the results of assessments conducted by the new KCS Coach. For more information, see KCS forms and escalations in version 9.1.01.
Additionally, a BMC Remedy AR System administrator or an unrestricted user having any KCS permission can view results of assessments conducted by KCS Coaches for any Company.
Support for registration of View Forms
Support for registration of View Forms through BMC Remedy Knowledge Management console registration wizard. For more information view the following topics
BMC Change Management enhancements
Enhanced performance for Change Approvals
In previous releases, when processing approvals for a change request containing large number of Impacted Areas or CIs using the CI-IA Level processes, the approval signature generation took a long time or in some cases timed out, even though the approval mapping did not specify Impacted Area or CI criteria.
Starting with Service Pack 1 for version 9.1.00, the approval signature process fetches mappings in a way that will minimize the result-set to the extent possible considerably improving performance.
For more information see description of SW00481048 in .
BMC Service Desk enhancements
Decision tree enhancement
BMC Remedy Single-Sign-On enhancements
Support for BMC Remedy Single Sign-On Double Authentication
Double Authentication ensures a second level authentication for the users when approving a BMC Remedy ITSM application requests. Prior to Service Pack 1, double authentication was not available on BMC Remedy ITSM applications.
Starting with Service Pack 1 for BMC Remedy ITSM 9.1, if BMC Remedy Single Sign-On is configured and the Password Required field in the approval configuration is set to Yes, users require to re-enter their log in credentials when approving a request.
For more information, see BMC Remedy Single Sign-On double authentication.