Key performance indicator (KPI) reports assist you in measuring actual performance against targets. BMC Remedy Smart Reporting provides two types of KPI reports -
- Historical reports — Include daily data reports
- Summary reports — Usually includes weekly data reports
- Make sure you that the BMC Remedy AR System Flashboard Services are restarted after BMC Remedy IT Service Management has been upgraded for KPI reporting data to be displayed correctly.
- You can change the duration of the report data by opening the KPI flahsboard variable in BMC Remedy Developer Studio and updating the Collection Interval value in the History tab under Data Collection.
A KPI variable is usually made of:
- A metric
- A qualification
- A date restriction or period
By using KPI metrics, you can track actual performance, compare it to a goal and detect trends. These metrics are most commonly used in organizations as Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor critical business areas.
The KPI reports provided with BMC Remedy Smart Reporting can have multiple dimensions to help better segregate your report data. Currently you can add up to 4 dimensions to a KPI report.
For example, you can view the change request trend report can be filtered based on Priority, Assigned Group, Service, and Company.
The following video provides a quick overview of the KPI reports: