Creating a custom report using BMC Remedy Smart Reporting
- The type of builder you use
- The data source you build on
- The fields you use in the report, and the layout defined by them
- The filters and/or sections you add to the report
- The addition of Related Reports, Drill Functionality, and Sub Queries
- Do not modify out-of-the-box reports provided with BMC Remedy Smart Reporting. However, if you choose to modify a report, ensure that you first create and save a copy of it.
- For better performance, create multiple small reports with only a few columns per use case, rather than creating a large report with many columns to solve multiple use cases.
This short video describes how to create a basic report.
This short video describes on the types of reports you can create.
The first step in building any report is selecting the type of report you wish to run and the data source required. Your organization may have many views and data sources so selecting the correct one is critical prior to building your report.
For more information, see Create step.
The report data section allows you to define the look and feel of your report, including the fields to be displayed, the filters to be used, and whether a chart or drill through should be displayed. Select the items from the view that you wish to include in your report and drag them into the appropriate section of the screen.
Note: Depending on the builder you select, this option may be replaced with alternatives such as; CSV, SQL, Jasper, and BIRT.
For more information, see Report Data.
The Charts page allows you to build visualizations based on the table created in the Data step.
For more information, see Charts for more information.
Create relationships between the draft report and other content using Drill Through and Co-Display reports.
For more information, see Related reports for more information.
The Output page allows you to format the report, set up a multi-chart canvas, and other functions.
For more information, see Output for more information.