Applying filters to reports in a storyboard
This topic provides information about the following types of storyboard filters:
Report filters restrict the data displayed on a report that is added to a slide, without affecting any other reports in the storyboard. You can add report filters when you create a storyboard or view it.
To add report filters, select the Filters option from the left menu bar and select the available filters. The report displays refreshed data when you apply the filters.
The Filters option is enabled only if the report contains user prompt filters.
The following image shows a report filter which selects only Assigned or In Progress incidents.
Global filters restrict the data by a single set of values in all reports in a storyboard. You can apply global filters only when you are editing a storyboard. Once you apply global filters, the restrictions apply to all the reports, and you cannot change the filters when you view the storyboard. Global filters are available only if the reports contain any user prompt filters that are available globally for all reports added to the storyboard. The reports can also have other report filters specific to that particular report.
To apply global filters
- On the top menu bar, click Storyboard > Global Filters.
- Select a report from the Reports list.
- From the Filters list, select all the filters that you want to set as Global filters.
- From the Linked Reports list, select a report and select the equivalent filter for the report being linked.
- In the Linked Reports list, click Save to link the reports and filters.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 so that all reports are linked to the enabled filter.
- On the Storyboard Settings popup window, click Close.
When you view the storyboard, you can apply the Global filters from the Filters menu in the left menu bar on the Title slide of the storyboard.