This topic provides an overview of the highlighted features and enhancements in release 8.1.00 of the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite.
Detailed information about all of the new features and updates, and information about corrected issues is available in the following sub-topics:
Highlights of this release
The following new features and enhancements are highlights of the 8.1.00 release.
Improved user experience
- The Next-generation Change Calendar is an enhanced calendar tool that provides a more intuitive and visually appealing experience for users.
- Users can now approve requests via email.
- Usability improvements in the core BMC Remedy ITSM applications include:
Reduced administrative effort
- A simplified installation processincludes the following changes:
- Reduced number of panels in the installer
- Related input requests grouped on the same panel
- Configuration modules removed from the installer
- Enhanced overlays capabilities simplify upgrades
- The BMC Atrium SSO Admin Console and the field validation capabilities simplify Single Sign-on setup
- Grid view in the BMC Atrium CMDB Reconciliation Engine Configuration console simplifies the prioritization of data sets
Support for IPV6 networks
BMC Remedy ITSM 8.1.00 now supports IPv6 networks.