Using multi-tenancy to segregate companies
You can use multi-tenancy to segregate data and restrict access by the Company field. Access restrictions are performed primarily on ticketing forms, such as incidents, problem investigations, change requests, and asset records. As a result, a user with access to only one company (such as Calbro) cannot see incidents for another company (such as ABC Corp).
This section describes using multi-tenancy with the Company field representing companies. Even if you plan to segregate data by business unit, review the information in this section to gain a general understanding of how multi-tenancy works and is configured.
The following topics are provided:
- Multi-tenancy scenario
- Selecting the Tenancy Mode
- Company types and multi-tenancy
- Configuring companies for multi-tenancy
- Configuring access for people
- Understanding other configuration options
- Working in the application consoles when segregating users by company
- Working with software license management