Updating BMC Remedy Knowledge Management for popular articles
BMC Remedy Knowledge Management version 8.0 and later includes an integration with BMC Service Request Management that displays the most popular articles in the Request Entry console. The popularity of an article is determined by its rating, use count, and number of views, as explained in Displaying popular articles.
By default, popularity is only calculated for articles created in versions 8.0 and later. To include pre-8.0 articles in popularity calculations, run two escalations as explained in the following procedure.
- You must run the escalations in the order shown in the procedure.
- Articles created in version 8.0 and later that are tagged as favorites also appear in the popular articles list in the Request Entry console. However, you cannot tag pre-8.0 articles as favorites, and there is no upgrade available for this functionality.
To include pre-8.0 articles in popularity calculations
- From BMC Remedy Developer Studio, open the RKM:KAM:SyncTopSolutionsFeedbacksForUpgradeEscalation escalation.
- Create an overlay.
- Enable the escalation.
Select Time in the Run By field, and specify a time to run the escalation.
For more information, see Creating escalations.
- After the escalation runs, disable it from BMC Remedy Developer Studio.
- Repeat steps 1 to 6 for the RKM:KAM:SyncTopSolutionsUseViewCountsForUpgradeEscalation escalation.