Stage 2 - Upgrade AR System server without overlays present
Performing the steps in this stage produces an upgraded BMC Remedy AR System server with your current applications and data. This enables you to upgrade the other applications and AR System components in subsequent stages.
This figure shows the components that are upgraded in stage 2.
- If you have modified any system forms, export them to a .def file so that your changes can be migrated onto the upgraded forms.
- Specify the option to export the related objects.
- Select the Install option in the installation program if you are using the accelerated upgrade method to upgrade the primary server in a directory where the previous ar.conf file is not present. During the installation process, the installation program then displays a screen to confirm whether the database upgrade can be continued. Select Yes to continue the installation procedure.
- Restore any customizations to the system forms that might have been removed by the server upgrade process.
- Use BMC Remedy Migrator to compare the system forms on StagingServer to those in the .def file that you created in step 1.
- Using the information obtained from 4a, use Developer Studio or BMC Remedy Migrator to restore any customizations that were overwritten during the AR System server upgrade.
Install the latest version of BMC Remedy Mid Tier on the identified mid tier host.
If you are using locales other than English, select the target locales when upgrading each product.
After each product is upgraded:
- Examine the installation logs to validate that upgrade was successful for each application.
- Ensure that the Share Application properties are updated successfully.